Wow, it's been forever since I blogged. You can tell essay-procrastination has reached a new and exciting level! Anyway, just a wee update on life, the world and the universe in York!
It's now week nine of term, so it's so, so close to going-home-for-Christmas time, which makes me really, really happy :) However, it's all a bit mad before then, trying to get lots of reading done for my essays (unsuccessfully), negotiate a little bit of Christmas shopping around York's crazy christmas markets (seriously, I nearly died on the way to church yesterday!), and see lots of people and do lots of things. It's going to be a busy week and a half! But busy is good (sometimes), and I'm well up for the mania!
CU is going so, so well, we've had so many absolutely amazing freshers - God is so, so good! It's just so amazing to see so many freshers who are so passionate about getting stuck in and actually doing it, and it just feels like there's this whole new freshness, new vision and excitement and energy which is so lovely. I'm really, really excited, it just feels like there is this momentum on campus, like God is constantly moving and we just have to seek out what He's doing and jump on the bandwagon! All good! This week has seen the selection of the post-holders for next year, who will take over in January, which also means it's the end of my year as CEC (College Evangelism Co-Ordinator). I'm having mixed feelings about this. I haven't been asked to take on another post this year, and whilst I was a bit gutted about this at first, the more I pray into it, the more God confirms to me that this is where He wants/needs me to be. I've been thinking alot recently about how I've never really had chance to be 'just Elizabeth.' I've spent a year as CEC, before that I was a Team-On-Missioner, before that I was CU President, before that, who even remembers. I can't actually remember a time when I wasn't in some role or post or something else. I'm just a do-er by nature. And I guess, the more I think about it, the more I realise that God needs me to just be this term. I need to learn who I am, to have time and space to find my security in God alone, and not in the role of the place that I'm in. I'm also really excited to see what it looks like to serve the CU without a pre-disposed set of guidelines or instruction. Exciting times all round.
Church stuff is also good, I feel like I'm really starting to get to know people and settle in there, which is amazing (and probably healthy since I've been going there for a year now!).
Course is pretty hardcore, doing modules in Child Abuse and Social Pyschology (writing an assessment on mental illness in children and young people), so that's a little hardcore but I'm spending alot more quality time with the girls in my course, rather than just spending time with them accidentally. It is essay writign time tho, again, hence my blogging. I am such a procrastinator!
Anyway that's just a little update on the life of little old me, in little old York-shire. Am majorly looking forward to a return to the homeland very very soon!
Monday, December 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment