Wow, it has been a VERY long time since my last journey into the land of blogging! I doubt highly that anyone will ever discover this blog (my guess is that the faithful few readers I ever did have gave up checking for new posts a LOONNNGGG time ago!), but I decided that it was a good time for a post after rereading my last blog, a year ago. Man, has alot changed since then!!
This time last year, I was in the final few weeks of my gap year, working with the Methodist Church in Richhill, living with Ben, Ruth and Timmy and spending our days chasing God and generally sharing life with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. This time last year, I was burnt out and exhausted, but at the same time, totally in awe of what God had been doing through four absolute clueless edgits, and just generally overcome with this desire to praise Him for that. A year later, those feelings seem very familiar! I have now finished my first year living and studying in York, England, and I have loved it. It has been, at times, the most difficult year, and at times God has seemed really distant and it's all seemed very...vague....but God has been faithful and I have seen Him do so much more than I ever imagined. At Christmas, I was asked by the Christian Union to take over the post of College Evangelism Co-Ordinator for my college, which I did, and have successfully struggled with ever since. God has been gracious to my stupidity tho, and I have some amazing, amazing stories of some class stuff that He's been up to - I would recommend asking me to tell you about it only if you have several hours to spare because I will go off on one and not shut up for ages. I guess there is just something really special in sharing life with people, it has been some amazing, amazing banter and I have just been really blessed to meet all the people I have met. A year ago, we all prayed really hard that God would provide me with 'God-Friendships', and He has done that - both with Christians and with those who are not-yet Christians! God is awesome :).
Now, it's nearly Castlwellan time of year again. I nearly choked the other day when I realised that this will be my 8th Castlewellan! Where do the years go?! This year will be my second appearance on the youth and children's team, and I'm working with the 4+5 year olds. I'm excited, but also really not totally sure what to expect, and a little concerned that I may have forgotten how to be a children's worker since I haven't really done any since Richhill! I think it'll be a weird experience, to see lots of people I haven't seen for a whole year, to be in a totally different place now than I have ever been before! However, I am also excited to be 'going home' (spiritually speaking), to spend lots of time with people I have loved and missed and only seen in passing over the past wee while, and to wear my new welly boots :)
Anyway, this blog probably was just lots of ramblings because I haven't been in practice....ha! xxx
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment