Wow...I can't believe it's the 31st August. I say this every year - but where did it go? My last day in school was the 22nd June - that's over 2 months ago - and yet I still don't feel like I've been off for that long. It also means I've been blogging a year - how weird is that? I remember last summer, I sat down at the start of the summer and said to God "These two months are Yours...do what you want!" - and wow, did He. I probably had the most amazing summer of my life last year. This year, I didn't think anything would top last summer - and I guess it didn't - but God still did some AMAZING things. Hard, yes - I've been pulled and stretched and taken out of so many comfort zones, and so many other things - but amazing - undoubtebly amazing. Somebody said to me that I've grown up alot between this summer and last summer - and at the time I didn't believe her - but I guess in some subtle ways, I have. I can't remember a time when I've felt this close to God on a day to day basis. I remember last year after J24, I didn't come home on a high, I came home feeling God had lifted me higher up the mountain, that I was walking on a permanently higher contour line. That's what I feel right now. Yes, I have highs and lows, but I feel God so much more easily than I ever did before - I know He's with me instinctively, whereas before, I really struggled to accept that. It's amazing, I'm so happy...life is good.
Looking back, I have just a few amazing highlights of the summer:-
* The prayer night - that I was convinced was going to be crap - but turned out amazing....and hanging out with the girls afterwards.
* Turning 18 :)
* Spending time with so many amazing and Godly people I love and care about - Kerri, Jo, Jordan, Erin, Jo, Rachel, Amber, Nicky - and so many others.
* CASTLEWELLAN - wow!
* All the wee glimpses of God I've found all over the place...
* Having time to read, to write, to look back over old journals and see how God has been answering prayers and working in me all along.
* The Texans
* Summer Madness
There's also loads of stuff I'm really looking forward to :-
* Colin starting
* Autumn Soul :)
* Only working 12 hours a week YAY! :)
Anyways, bored you all enough.
Love you.
xoxox
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment